Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Here we go again..

So how funny is this....
Douglas and I were watching the TLC show '19 Kids and Counting' last night.
We LOVE, LOVE the Duggars, (At least I do :0P), and Douglas asked me how old the mom, Michelle, was.  I guessed, but I wasn't sure so what did I do?  I grabbed my Ipod touch and googled it.  I know not everything you find on the Internet is true, but I always google everything.  I may or may not be addicted.....hahaha. Anyway, the Duggars of course have a website, so I found out how old Michelle Duggar was but I continued to read about the family.  I read that every child has a favorite Bible hero and a favorite Bible verse.  Now I know that seems normal to anyone who has watched the Duggar's show, but it was an eye opening experience for me. If any of those children were asked about their scripture they would be able to answer.  They would be able to tell you their favorite story, or recite their favorite verse(s).  If I, a 24 year old woman, who has grown up in her religion, was asked the same question about my scriptures, I couldn't answer it.
So......I have decided to really actually try to learn about the scriptures.  I know that I have said things like this before, but a few Sunday's ago one of the speakers said something that hit me hard even though I've know it all my life.  "If you want to do something, decide to do it, and then do it!"  Well Elise....duh!!!!  So I decided, I'm going to read, listen, study my scriptures so that when I'm asked, I can answer.  I'm going to exercise because I want to be healthier.  I'm going to wake up earlier because I know it will help me to have a better day.  I'm going to pay off debt because I'm tired of being a prisoner to it.  It may sound like a lot and ridiculous lots of you because you probably already do all of these things, but to me they are fantastic goals that I can't wait to accomplish.  And I will accomplish them.  I can't wait!!!
Side note.....I will also blog more because I will have extra time in the morning so yay!!! I'm also going to figure out how to post videos cause my baby is funny a lot of the time!!! Haha

Thanks for listening.......or I guess reading....

Love
Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment