Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Yes!

So today was the day people!  My alarm was set for 5:05 a.m.  I was supposed to arise and go for a run, come home and make breakfast, get ready and have some mommy time before the baby woke up.  The alarm went off and guess what? I didn't hesitate!!!!! I got right out of bed, turned it off and got out the door.  Mind you, I was tired and the sleep didn't wipe itself from my eyes until I was about 1/3 of the way into the run ( more like a medium jog cause let's be honest.....I can't run to save my life :oS)  but I did it!!!! Yahoo!!!! I got home, showered and made breakfast, and the blog is my mommy time! You know, it sounds cheesy, but this is really going to help me feel better about myself.  I'm excited!
So moving on to my little baby!!! She's not really a baby anymore, but like all mom's say, she'll always be my baby!
She can almost walk by herself, it's freakin' nuts! She will pull herself up onto furniture in no time flat.  She'll walk around holding onto anything and Douglas can usually get her to take about 3 steps to him all by herself.  It's so amazing to me the trust kids have in their parents though...she takes those 3 steps and then she just starts to lean forward, toward whom ever is standing there, like "here I come, you're going to catch me right?" I hope I can catch her every time she leans toward me for help, but I don't know, she may have to fall a couple times.
I'm sure those of you who read my blog saw her awesome first word on facebook! I love that she says that now.  We went to Cabela's last night and she is for sure Douglas' daughter.  Every animal that was hanging or standing anywhere in that store, she pointed at and said "wow" or the variation "whoa" It's so stinkin' hilarious, but she loves Cabela's just as much as her dad.
Here's another cute video of her dancing.  Anytime we have on music and we turn it up she'll dance, and when you turn it down she stops.  Now, this video is a little harder to see because me, being really dumb with technology, didn't realize I wasn't recording when she was doing it really well, but watch closely.  And her favorite music to dance to is rock, like Linkin Park, which is also something her dad would pick.  Do you think she likes her dad at all?

2 comments:

  1. She may be Douglas' daughter when it comes to Cabellas and music but I can guarantee that she is your daughter when it comes to those awesome dancing skills she has!! So adorable and incredibly on beat! ha ha must have been that dancing you did while she was in your tummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kimberly--must have been your WINNING dance moves while pregnant! And it is crazy how she is right on beat!
    P.S. Congrats on getting out of bed and running!

    ReplyDelete